Cristiano Ronaldo was excluded from Portugal’s last 16 match against Switzerland last month, and Bernardo Silva voiced the players’ reaction to the striker’s underestimation.
Bernardo Silva admitted that Portugal’s decision to leave Cristiano Ronaldo for the last-16 draw with Switzerland was “not shocking” and explained that the players were notified just two hours before kick-off.
The five-time golden ball winner was selected on the bench in Portugal vs Switzerland at the Lusail Stadium, scoring only once in the group stages. Tumbet twitter However, Ronaldo reacted angrily after being removed from the game in a 2-1 loss against South Korea – something manager Fernando Santos was not happy with.
To make matters worse for Ronaldo, his replacement Goncalo Ramos scored a hat-trick for Portugal, which beat Switzerland 6-1, and Pepe, Raphael Guerreiro and Rafael Leao also found the net. It has since emerged that the Portuguese team learned shortly before kickoff that Ronaldo had been excluded from the 11 due to the amount of speculation surrounding the 37-year-old.
“We talked to the Record and said ‘could it be or not?’ “We asked because the players are talking,” he said. “However, two hours before the game, when we got to the stadium, we found out about the team in the locker room.
“There are 26 players, too many for the coach to choose for each game. It’s never surprising to me that he decided to go with one or the other. baptiste Right or wrong in each individual’s opinion, the coach has the right to decide. The decisions he makes.”
Ronaldo’s World Cup-Bernardo Silva
It had already been interrupted when it was confirmed that his Manchester United contract had been terminated by mutual consent after his heated interview with Piers Morgan.
It was terminated by mutual consent after an explosive interview with Piers Morgan. Tumbet The veteran frontman criticized Erik ten Hag and admitted he had no “respect” for the Dutch after the United boss decided not to take him on the Red Devils’ Manchester City tour.
Cristiano Ronaldo Taking time to think about his future after the Qatar tournament, Ronaldo transferred to Saudi Arabian team Al-Nassr on a two-and-a-half-year deal. The move was approved by the club on Friday evening when Ronaldo signed a contract worth around £173m a year, the most lucrative deal in football.
“This is more than just making history. tumbet twitter It is a signature that will not only inspire our club to achieve even greater success, but also inspire our league, our nation, and future generations, boys and girls,” the club said in a statement on Friday night. to be the best version of themselves. Welcome to your new home, Cristiano.”
Ronaldo added: “Al Nassr’s vision is very inspiring and impressive. I am looking forward to a different league experience in a different country. I am excited to join my teammates as soon as possible.”